1. The Smahrt Girl Foundation (SGF) “Dreams Do Come True” Video Scholarship Competition is open to teen girls who are currently enrolled in middle, high school or a 2017 high school graduate. Students (“entrants”) may also be enrolled in public or private schools, or be home-schooled. International students in the equivalent of U.S. grades 6-12 and aged 18 years or younger may also participate. Students must attend both the Vision Board and Apple Video Training sessions.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Proof of eligibility will be verified at the July 15th Vision Board session.
2. Interested persons must submit a 200 – 250-word essay to SGF by 12 noon on Wednesday, July 12, 2017, and attend the Vision Board Workshop on Saturday, July 15, 2017.
- Click here to register and submit the essay.
- Please note that only 20 girls will be selected to participate in the video scholarship competition.
3. The entrants must attend the Apple Video Training Session on Saturday July 29, 2017, from 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM. Mentors may provide guidance and critiques but may not participate in conceiving and producing the video.
- The entry must be the original work of the entrant.
- The video must be 3 minutes in length.
- Copyright laws apply.
4. Entrants must submit the final video online by 12 noon on Sunday, July 30, 2017, reflecting the vision and goals for their life. The submitted video should be under 5GB in size and that it is in one of the following video formats: .MP4 .AVI .MOV .MPG .MPG2 .MPEG2 .WMV
6. Selected entrants and prize recipient will be determined by judges selected by The Smahrt Girl Foundation and the judges’ decisions will be final.
7. The scholarship prize recipients will be announced on The Smahrt Girl Foundation’s social media and on smahrtgirl.org on Saturday, August 5, 2017.
8. All entries become the property of The Smahrt Girl Foundation. Entrants, without any compensation from The Smahrt Girl Foundation, grant permission to SGF to use their names, likenesses, and entries for promotional purposes related to The Smahrt Girl Foundation and its activities. By submitting an entry, entrants (i) represent that their entries constitute original works of creativity that do not violate the property rights of any other person, and (ii) grant The Smahrt Girl Foundation the right to exhibit, distribute and otherwise use the entries in various media.
9. By participating in these events entrants agree to the rules and guidelines as expressed by The Smahrt Girl Foundation.